Scripts and utilities
FictionBook ToolsFB Tools provide a few utilities to simplify handling FB2 documents on a desktop pc:
- FB2 Validator
- FB2 files editor
- Infotips and columns provider for Windows Explorer
Download: FictionBook Tools v2.0 Setup.exe .
FB Tools require MSXML4, to function properly, also some programs are written in VB and may need mscomctl.ocx and msvbvm60.dll to run.
Windows Explorer in WinXP with FB Tools
Direct HTML to XML conversionhtml2xml.pl - a simple perl script, requires HTML::Tree package. Supports only normal paragraphs with minimal formatting (bold/italic), can detect section headings.
Export from Microsoft Word to XMLExportXML.dot. Features:
- Detects section headings according to Word document structure
- Converts bold and italic text to strong and emphasis XML elements
- Understands "Epigraph", "Epigraph Author" and "Annotation" styles at start of sections
- Understands "Poem Title", "Stanza", "Cite", "Cite Author" styles in text
- Converts footnotes and endnotes to FB2.0 hyperlinks
Author: Mike Matsnev, firstname.lastname@example.org